Monday, December 13, 2010

The Chronicles of Narnia - Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Lucy and Edmund have been staying with their cousin - Eustace - during World War 1. While in their room, they take note of a painting which has a ship that doesn't belong there. When the painting starts leaking water they know it's a calling from Narnia. Soon the entire room is filled with water and when they arise at the surface their suspicions are true. Without them knowing, Lucy, Edmund, and Eustace are about to embark on an epic adventure.

I must say this movie was amazing! I am going to miss the Pevensie children though but this movie was a grand way to show their departure from Narnia. I think the best highlight about this movie was the way that they had to overcome their temptations. Desire of the eyes can lead one astray and this movie showed that. Also, it was very admirable seeing how Eustace changed his wrong ways. But, as for the rest of the movie, the plot was very - despite being obvious fiction - realistic. It was easy to follow and it was as if you were in every scene. A lot of people might be concerned about how much violence was in it though. While there were brief sword fights and some fist, compared to so called 'children's' movies now-a-days it's highly minimal. So i.e. it's nothing that you can't find in a cartoon. The graphics were decent but I'm not going to lie, I've seen better. Though, that was just my thought in the begining of the movie. Towards the middle and end it was amazing. Even though I did not see it in 3D I'm glad though because of how intense the movie is, 3D might make it too 'over the top' so to speak. I think this series so far has been the best movie series that I've ever seen and I think that we're all anxious for more to come our way!

You should definitely be ready2see this movie!

1 comment: